Friday, February 5, 2010

Who's the idiot, really?


Hmm. First off, I wanna make it abundantly clear that this is in no way a review of the all-reverential movie called " 3 Idiots" aka " the largest grossing hindi movie of the past year". This post is just a small rant about some of the things that I felt was wrong with a movie I had a lot of expectations for and with all the audience hype and hoopla, (including my friends'), my expectations expectantly rose only to find myself slammed against a tirade of cliched old hammed-up jokes and some good old potty ( or is it piss?? ) humor.

First off, what's up with the fake heart-attack? I mean that scene has been done to death in so many movies before that I don't even know where to begin. Couldn't the "writers" and the "director" put in a little more intelligence and originality in the opening sequence, but ohhh, this is the idiocy we are talking about. Seems to me the writer fell too much in love with his "original" title. Ok, I am willing to forgive the first sequence. After all this is just the beginning. I am pretty sure things are gonna get better soon. And of course it does, we see sharman joshi without his pants, now ain't that funny? I am pretty sure the audience is roaring in laughter while I begrudgingly begin to accept the fact that maybe I am watching the wrong movie after all. The movie then progresses in a slow but steady pace to introduce the main characters in the movie. There is a part of me which begins to like this movie for what it is - good ol' timepass. Ohh sorry, did anyone say message?? I am sorry if I come across as visual or hearing impaired 'coz sorry, I haven't found a message yet. Ohh it's about the education system, yeah right! So did anyone find the education system changed or cleansed by the time the movie ended?? No.. 'coz the only message that came out of it was that if you're a fuckin' genius who assumes a false identity to study in one of the most premier "engineering" college in the country, you get to be the hero and kiss the girl in the moneyshot of the entire movie. That's rite fellas, that's the only message that you are getting out of this movie. The other message, about "following your heart" is probably the only place where the movie redeems itself to some extent in my eyes. And yet, if I were to still expect that this movie might have salvaged itself from the abysmal depths that the director seemed hellbent in casting it to, he throws it right in a shithole so deep that even cleansing it with holy water will never redeem this movie for me ever again. Are you really wondering what that shithole is? How about sucking a baby out of the womb by a home-made vacuum cleaner? Hey, that's intelligent stuff rite? I mean isn't the guy a fucking genius? He saves the day for the entire film and family and not only gets the "astronomical" pen ( wtf was all that about? ), but he also gets the audience ceetees. By this time though, even I am clapping and ceetee-bajaoing in disbelief, my eyes watered from laughing uncontrollably through what is perhaps the most tense sequence of the movie. But behold, the director still has an ace up his sleeve. He has ...............
................... Mr. ................. "Fongsuk Wangdu"!!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???? Who the fuck?? This shit is real. In a twist that can literally make Hitchcock turn in his grave, the director presents us with yet another revelation about how to give the audience their money's worth even while completely insulting their intelligence.

Okk! Enough of the rant, I guess I have said more than enough about the idiocy. Now, an interesting point. I actually LIKED this movie. I found it to be VERY ENTERTAINING. So why the rant?? Well, I am kinda pissed off at some people for saying that THIS is the BEST movie of the past year. Really, guys? Would you really in your sane mind say that? I can understand fans. But why be a fanatic? I am a fan of Hrithik Roshan and I have found most of his movies to be shit. They are just good eye-candy! Why can't some people just plain admit that this movie was baaaad yet entertaining! That's an argument I am willing to accept. But please don't come about singing paeans for this movie. My eyes literally get wet when I find people praising this movie. Enough of the idiocy, please!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah.... the movie has lot differences from the original story...
and i think the story is better than the movie...
the movie has some idiotic things, i agree with that, and that is why this is a bollywood movie.
there must be some filmy stuffs, otherwise it is not possible to make it hit among the average people.
this movie is 4 all, not only 4 some "buddhijibissss".
but apart from these things i think some transitions among the scenes was great.
I personally like the moment just after the song "all izz well", when we saw the hanging body of the student. I think this is the best trick i have ever seen to make e deep attention towards the movie and make the situation serious suddenly...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

ignore the flaws(after all its bollywood masala movie) there are sentiments which have been potrayed wonderfully so..just chill and njoy the movie.

SPRIHA said...

well....indian movies dnt mind addin too much spice tu wat we knw as a simple well plannd movie......d end result turnin out to b a complete shit.....initially i despicd d movie d very momnt via trailr i got d hinch of 2 thingz--1.aamir n 2.kareena...yes it was a mixture..chatur's speech to a vaccum delivry...holyshit !!!!!!!!!....bt kya kare they need to sale . n succesfully claimd d largst big hit......inspite of nt considerin n appreciatin d original writer chetan bhagat...poor soul..eccntricity spoils d show.....i m used to such hyprocrysy n d happy nding movies......
.god save me d fear....;)
cn we evr have movies relatd to my lyf or any ini mini myni mo's lyf...m waitin :D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello, you site is very funny he told me to cheer up .. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Good sait, its very interesting//

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.