Saturday, June 6, 2009

TS and the Rotten Tomatoes

Okk.... So its finally time for Terminator Salvation to hit movie theatres this upcoming weekend. 
Been waiting for this movie a long time now and have been following the buzz on the interwebs too. While I wasn't expecting the movie to reach the hallowed heights of film making that John Cameron achieved in the first two installments of the terminator franchise  I still expected a solid blockbuster in the form of TS ( and that's the name that will be used from now on). However reading the reviews on the web where it has been smacked left and right by critics it does bother me to think if these reviews aren't a little too polarised for the benefit of the audience and the movie in general. From what I gather, the general consensus seems that the movie contains really good action sequences but doesn't have a coherent story to back it up. However even without watching the movie, it's probably safe for me to say that the problem lies in a non-coherent narrative rather than the story. Also I should say right now that I know the storyline of the movie roughly and from all the spoilers that I have read I must say I have a decent enough knowledge of the narrative. Well this post isn't a review ( review is gonna be up after I watch the movie ).  It's just a thought that maybe the Rotten Tomatoes were a little skewed. Reviewers and critics probably had a fixed mindset before they went into the movie which in my opinion amounts to a cheat to the readers who read the reviews and ultimately the paying audience. I for one would like to give it an outside chance of being decent and not the shit turd that it's being made out to be. More on the specifics of this rant in a later post. Enjoy!!

No comments: